~This blog is for all fashion and art lovers out there...Enjoy viewing my blog!.~

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Greek Art

Greek art began in the Cycladic and Minoan prehistorical civilization, and gave birth to Western classical art in the ancient period (further developing this during the Hellenistic Period). It took in influences of Eastern civilizations and the new religion of Orthodox Christianity in the Byzantine era and absorbed Italian and European ideas during the period of Romanticism (with the invigoration of the Greek Revolution), right up until the Modernist and Postmodernist periods.

Greek art is mainly five forms: architecture, sculpture, painting, pottery and jewelry making.
























6 comments:

  1. they need descriptons (deatiled) otherwise great love the fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the arts/design of your website. I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something I found another one Sneha arts like you, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post blog and check these Art talk, also look like your website on arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day! Best Beauty Salon Islamabad

    ReplyDelete